Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjinkat
    • Oct 2006

JazzFest 2014

So I am taking a risk...and booked my 2014 accomodations thru airbnb.....caused me some problems last year but I am just gonna have faith.

Staying couple blocks from gentilly gate...hope this works out 'cos I love staying in the neighborhood for fest
  • larrybalmur
    • Apr 2009

I do love staying in the neighborhood and walking to fest!!!!! Starting each day 2 blocks from fest is glorious. Nice score!

Comment

• chopitulas
      • Jan 2009

When I first moved to New Orleans, I lived on DeSoto right off the street that heads to Liuzza's. ( I was eating lunch there three times a week until I forced myself to cut back.) As well as brass bands heading up Esplanade to the cemetary, you could hear JF soundchecks.

It was always a gas waking up knowing JF was a short walk away! One time, my girl and I were going to see the Radiators at Tip's that night. As we walked out the door, she asked what time would they go on. Just then, Ed Volker, who lives nearby, walked by the house as we were going out the gate so I asked him... Only in New Orleans!

Comment

• larrybalmur
        • Apr 2009

My buddy lives a few doors up from Spencer Bohren. Always nice to chat with him or his wife watering their garden. Years ago I was invited in and jammed with Andre (Dirty Johnny) on piano when he was a teen. He was stricly a classical pianist then and a killer at that. Off to Fair Grinds or Liuzza's then the fest. Ahh is it '14 yet!

Comment

• Gards
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kjinkat
          So I am taking a risk...and booked my 2014 accomodations thru airbnb.....caused me some problems last year but I am just gonna have faith.

Staying couple blocks from gentilly gate...hope this works out 'cos I love staying in the neighborhood for fest
          Good luck to you.

I booked my airfare the other day for fest , and have my standard accom sorted, even though from an economic perspective, I should not even be going.

But life is too short, so enjoy it while you can, or when circumstances allow, I reckon

Comment

• funkkjunkie
            • Nov 2006

Awesome! REady to rock!

Comment

• marignygreg
              • Jan 2007

I am booked into my favorite spot in the Marigny. Bring on Fest 2014 !!!!

Comment

• McGregor
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by funkkjunkie
                Awesome! REady to rock!
                me too. I've been checking pollstar for a month for dates. I wish I was lying.

I almost bought Saints-Falcons tix last night b/c I just want to get back to Nola (to expensive though, not worth it).

Comment

• funkkjunkie
                  • Nov 2006

Well that's great to know you're ready to grid again! What about staying at the hostel and just picking a weekend with music you like? October and november are loaded with festivals.

Comment

• McGregor
                    • Feb 2007

yep definitely going to pick another weekend in the fall

Comment

• innertube
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by McGregor
                      yep definitely going to pick another weekend in the fall

Black Crowes.....or WSP during Voodoo.....???.....

Comment

• McGregor
                        • Feb 2007

definitely out for BCrowes due to having tix to the Bham show

hoping everything works out for Halloween weekend for sure

Comment

• MormonMatthew
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by McGregor
                          hoping everything works out for Halloween weekend for sure
                          !!!

Comment

Working...