Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz Fest 2014 - Who do you want to see?

Please book lots of acts that I hate. We just booked our room for French Quarter Fest, and the Jazzfest FOMS is going to kill me this year.

Harry Belafonte, Time Jumpers (Vince Gill, Ranger Doug,et al), Mississippi Mass Choir (new CD coming out---with local soloists, would be the show of a lifetime) Bobby Jones Nashville Super Choir--these two should be on a big stage!, Jesse Cook, Jools Holland Big Band, Hans Theessink, Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, Barry Mann/Dave Alvin/Paul Thorn/Todd Snider/Raol Malo/Lindsey Buckingham/Richard Thompson/Jesse Winchester --all solo, Chris Isaak,Kim Carnes, T-Bone Burnett, Sam Moore, Shalomar, Southern Culture On The Skids, Boz Scaggs, Paul Simon, Ricki Lee Jones, Cat Stevens (? still on no-fly list,) Planet Rockers, Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, Jimmy Hall, Kenny Bill Stinson . Anybody from Deke Dickerson's Guitar Geek Festival,Duane Eddy, Tommy Emmanuel. Somebody stop me!

Quote Originally Posted by stooped View Post
    Harry Belafonte, Time Jumpers (Vince Gill, Ranger Doug,et al), Mississippi Mass Choir (new CD coming out---with local soloists, would be the show of a lifetime) Bobby Jones Nashville Super Choir--these two should be on a big stage!, Jesse Cook, Jools Holland Big Band, Hans Theessink, Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, Barry Mann/Dave Alvin/Paul Thorn/Todd Snider/Raol Malo/Lindsey Buckingham/Richard Thompson/Jesse Winchester --all solo, Chris Isaak,Kim Carnes, T-Bone Burnett, Sam Moore, Shalomar, Southern Culture On The Skids, Boz Scaggs, Paul Simon, Ricki Lee Jones, Cat Stevens (? still on no-fly list,) Planet Rockers, Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, Jimmy Hall, Kenny Bill Stinson . Anybody from Deke Dickerson's Guitar Geek Festival,Duane Eddy, Tommy Emmanuel. Somebody stop me!
    I love the way you think ! Keep going...

Jimmie Vaughan, Kim Wilson, Papa Mali

Oh, and Toni Price

Tommy Emmanuel with the Twangorama

OK.. How about Anat Cohen, Annie Lennox, a Kinks reunion, Ringo,del Castillo, Wynonna Judd and Howard Levy? And some more of the R&B revivalists. Now I'm stopped,but still stooped.

A few ideas from Minnesota:
    Pert Near Sandstone
    Charlie Parr
    Davina and the Vagabonds
    Prince

A few BNAs-kind-of:
    The Mavericks
    Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
    Lenny Kravitz
    Dwight Yoakam

A few not so BNAs:
    Punch Brothers with Chris Thile
    The Steeldrivers
    Ana Popovic
    Justin Townes Earle
    Joanne Shaw Taylor
    Heritage Blues Orchestra
    Pokey LaFarge
    Mercy Brothers

A few favorites, but a bit of a stretch for JazzFest:
    Hayes Carll
    Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Elizabeth Cook
    Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers
    CAKE
    The Budos Band

Default Otis Redding

Quote Originally Posted by mfrankkk View Post
    Got to see Alabama Shakes in Birmingham this summer and they were f**kin awesome! Otis Redding reincarnated! Also saw Canned Heat with Edgar Winter and they were great! Saw Charles Bradley last week and he was outstanding. He is a daptone artist along the same lines as Sharron Jones. I sure hope we see her again!
    Would also like to see Ruthie Foster again and don't forget about Carolyn Wonderland! Would love to see any of the Allman Brothers' offspring too.
    Please explain how the Alabama Shakes are Otis Redding reincarnated.

Guy Forsyth & Caroline Wonderland.
    Saw them in Dallas last Christmas & they were both awesome!