Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JazzFest 2014

Default JazzFest 2014

So I am taking a risk...and booked my 2014 accomodations thru airbnb.....caused me some problems last year but I am just gonna have faith.

Staying couple blocks from gentilly gate...hope this works out 'cos I love staying in the neighborhood for fest

I do love staying in the neighborhood and walking to fest!!!!! Starting each day 2 blocks from fest is glorious. Nice score!

When I first moved to New Orleans, I lived on DeSoto right off the street that heads to Liuzza's. ( I was eating lunch there three times a week until I forced myself to cut back.) As well as brass bands heading up Esplanade to the cemetary, you could hear JF soundchecks.

It was always a gas waking up knowing JF was a short walk away! One time, my girl and I were going to see the Radiators at Tip's that night. As we walked out the door, she asked what time would they go on. Just then, Ed Volker, who lives nearby, walked by the house as we were going out the gate so I asked him... Only in New Orleans!

My buddy lives a few doors up from Spencer Bohren. Always nice to chat with him or his wife watering their garden. Years ago I was invited in and jammed with Andre (Dirty Johnny) on piano when he was a teen. He was stricly a classical pianist then and a killer at that. Off to Fair Grinds or Liuzza's then the fest. Ahh is it '14 yet!

Quote Originally Posted by kjinkat View Post
    So I am taking a risk...and booked my 2014 accomodations thru airbnb.....caused me some problems last year but I am just gonna have faith.

Staying couple blocks from gentilly gate...hope this works out 'cos I love staying in the neighborhood for fest
    Good luck to you.

I booked my airfare the other day for fest , and have my standard accom sorted, even though from an economic perspective, I should not even be going.

But life is too short, so enjoy it while you can, or when circumstances allow, I reckon

Awesome! REady to rock!

I am booked into my favorite spot in the Marigny. Bring on Fest 2014 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkkjunkie View Post
    Awesome! REady to rock!
    me too. I've been checking pollstar for a month for dates. I wish I was lying.

I almost bought Saints-Falcons tix last night b/c I just want to get back to Nola (to expensive though, not worth it).

Well that's great to know you're ready to grid again! What about staying at the hostel and just picking a weekend with music you like? October and november are loaded with festivals.

yep definitely going to pick another weekend in the fall