Picklemic's Recording links

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Picklemic
    • Mar 2013

*16/48* Set 1 01. crowd/tuning 02. Jam> 03. Here Comes Sunshine> 04. The Wheel> 05. Brown-Eyed Women 06. Low-Spark of High-Heeled Boys> 07. Welcome To The...

Phil Lesh Quintet
    Riviera Theater
    Chicago. IL
    11/19/2003

DFC Balcony Clamp
    source:AKG 522MS>V2>Oade mod SBM1>DAT 1648ms
    Recorded: Picklemic
    Transfer: DAT>R44> Audacity 2.0.1> Xact 2.25 > FLAC
    Transferred: Jason Picklemic Loomis picklemic2@gmail
    FLAC tags modified, uploaded to LMA by taperjoe

Set 1
    01. crowd/tuning
    02. Jam>
    03. Here Comes Sunshine>
    04. The Wheel>
    05. Brown-Eyed Women
    06. Low-Spark of High-Heeled Boys>
    07. Welcome To The Underground>
    08. Cold Rain And Snow

Set 2
    01. crowd/tuning
    02. Celebration>
    03. St. Stephen>
    04. Again And Again>
    05. Into The Mystic
    06. Soulshine>
    07. Crazy Fingers>
    08. The Eleven>
    09. Space>
    10. Cumberland Blues
    11. donor rap
    E)
    12. Liberty

Comment

• oafy
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Picklemic
      These are both from my favorite of all Phil line-ups. The "Q", Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring, Rob Barroco, and John Molo. I did like 77 of the approximate 150 touring "Q" gigs. 2 sick shows. The Maritime Hall is where they did some acid tests bitd and man I almost thought I was in the 60's. They had had 2 trippy ass hippy girls up in the balcony running these overhead projectors making that liquid bubble shit on the big walls, sweating bullets over the lamp. There were some other crazy stuff going on and boy can I say I have been experienced . This pie boy still manages to pull off a good tape. Yippie!!!! I have never experienced anything that out there and out of time as that run. Good time, epic shows. Both these shows are previously unreleased newly remastered straight from the master DAT from the Picklemic vault. Enjoy!!!!
      I am sad to admit I never so the real deal play. I am in my early 30's and Jerry was gone for a few years before I so my first dead related show. This band was the band that changed the way that I view music today.

Many people talk down on the jam band community but these guys showed me and many others what true musicianship is. They are the reason why I love the music I do today. While they were together I got to about 15 shows (mostly in boston, was in college in vt at time) and I dream of maybe seeing it happen again.

Comment

• Picklemic
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by oafy
        I am sad to admit I never so the real deal play. I am in my early 30's and Jerry was gone for a few years before I so my first dead related show. This band was the band that changed the way that I view music today.

Many people talk down on the jam band community but these guys showed me and many others what true musicianship is. They are the reason why I love the music I do today. While they were together I got to about 15 shows (mostly in boston, was in college in vt at time) and I dream of maybe seeing it happen again.
        Right on Oafy. Gotta love the Q. They were what brought me to NOLA in the first place. You have a great time at your 1st Fest and pretty soon you will be like me and won't remember how many its been. I am sad that I am missing my 2nd one since my first, but promise to be back next year.

Comment

• MormonMatthew
          • Oct 2006

Right on Oafy. Gotta love the Q. They were what brought me to NOLA in the first place. You have a great time at your 1st Fest and pretty soon you will be like me and won't remember how many its been. I am sad that I am missing my 2nd one since my first, but promise to be back next year.

Ol' Phil did a fine job on Acura Stage back in 2002---An utterly rock solid day, with Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & Golden Eagles (Brian Stoltz on funk guitar) then Bob Weir & Ratdog, Phil & Friends and then the one & only Neville Brothers to bring it all back home.

That night was the funky Meters at the Orpheum Theater followed by Zig's Funk Review at Howlin' Wolf, the perfect cherry on top of the perfect day....

Driftin' & Dreamin'

Comment

• oafy
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by MormonMatthew
            Ol' Phil did a fine job on Acura Stage back in 2002---An utterly rock solid day, with Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & Golden Eagles (Brian Stoltz on funk guitar) then Bob Weir & Ratdog, Phil & Friends and then the one & only Neville Brothers to bring it all back home.

That night was the funky Meters at the Orpheum Theater followed by Zig's Funk Review at Howlin' Wolf, the perfect cherry on top of the perfect day....

Driftin' & Dreamin'
            Only if there were time machines.

Comment

• oafy
              • Jan 2014

Warren is one of the best there is and ever was hands down. He plays one mean axe and has a gritty southern voice that gives me goosebumps.
              Barrraco runs right with Hornsby as one of the smoothest classically trained keyboard/piano players in the business. I prefer this style over the choppiness of most modern players.
              Molo is an absolute animal on the drums.
              Phil isn't the best bassist I have seen but he can put together some fine arrangements of music.

Here Comes The Sunshine, opener night before thanksgiving in Boston, might of been the moment I so the light.

Comment

• MormonMatthew
                • Oct 2006

Only if there were time machines.
                Oafy, I just wanted to say that I have been reading your posts over the past couple of months, and your excitement and enthusiasm is heartening to see; Jazzfest is the one single thing I look most forward to each year (my 1st year was 1997, and I have been back each & every year since) and it's great to see others who clearly love live music get into the spirit of Fest.

Have a wonderful, wild (and safe) time,

MM

Comment

• oafy
                  • Jan 2014

Thank You MM.

Through music I was able to find myself as a teenager. Attending concerts and using psychedelics gave the the opportunity to really look into myself as a person and determine who I wanted to be. Going to shows became like going to church for me. It was an opportunity to reflect & release stress from day to day life and meet people with mutual feelings.

Over the last few years, I have slowly had less of an opportunity to do this while being a 9 to 5 worker, husband, father of 2, and home owner.

Next weekend will be a weekend that I have a chance to find that person inside of me. I am going to have chance to let go of the stressful world that most of us live in and find that person once again.

Please keep an eye out for me and say hello. Mark

Comment

• Amy Winette
                    • Oct 2006

Oafy, I just wanted to say that I have been reading your posts over the past couple of months, and your excitement and enthusiasm is heartening to see; Jazzfest is the one single thing I look most forward to each year (my 1st year was 1997, and I have been back each & every year since) and it's great to see others who clearly love live music get into the spirit of Fest.

Have a wonderful, wild (and safe) time,

MM
                    You know, I remember when Corona was the most enthusiastic and energetic newbie poster, having never been to a fest, and now she (and all of her extended family) are veteran Threadheads. Enthusiastic new posters are amazing, and I fully expect Oafy to be a Threadhead regular in no time. Cheers!

Comment

• MormonMatthew
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Amy Winette
                      You know, I remember when Corona was the most enthusiastic and energetic newbie poster, having never been to a fest, and now she (and all of her extended family) are veteran Threadheads. Enthusiastic new posters are amazing, and I fully expect Oafy to be a Threadhead regular in no time. Cheers!
                      Amy, are you in New Orleans yet?

(I think I remember that you were 1st Weekenders this year, but maybe I am mistaken?)

Comment

• Picklemic
                        • Mar 2013

Thank You MM.

Through music I was able to find myself as a teenager. Attending concerts and using psychedelics gave the the opportunity to really look into myself as a person and determine who I wanted to be. Going to shows became like going to church for me. It was an opportunity to reflect & release stress from day to day life and meet people with mutual feelings.

Over the last few years, I have slowly had less of an opportunity to do this while being a 9 to 5 worker, husband, father of 2, and home owner.

Next weekend will be a weekend that I have a chance to find that person inside of me. I am going to have chance to let go of the stressful world that most of us live in and find that person once again.

Please keep an eye out for me and say hello. Mark
                        OK, my advice for a fest virgin. Start staying up now till 3 am and make sure you see Johnny Vidacovich.

Comment

• Amy Winette
                          • Oct 2006

Amy, are you in New Orleans yet?

(I think I remember that you were 1st Weekenders this year, but maybe I am mistaken?)
                          We're in the middle -- driving to Denver tomorrow and flying to NOLA Saturday, staying to 2nd Saturday.

THREAD DRIFT, sorry!

Comment

• Picklemic
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Amy Winette
                            We're in the middle -- driving to Denver tomorrow and flying to NOLA Saturday, staying to 2nd Saturday.

THREAD DRIFT, sorry!
                            Thread reprise,

Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
                            2003-05-02
                            Jazz Fest
                            NOLA

Source: Neumann km84?>PSP-2>Oade-mod SBM1>DAT 1644
                            Recorded: Picklemic & ?
                            Transfer: DAT>R44> Audacity 2.0.1> Xact 2.24 > FLAC
                            Transferred: Jason Picklemic Loomis picklemic2 @gmail
                            SBE's fixed, FLAC tags modified, seeded to etree by taperjoe

01. Excuse Me Mr.
                            02. I Shall Not Walk Alone
                            03. Brown Eyed Blues
                            04. Temporary Remedy
                            05. Ground on Down
                            06. Welcome To The Cruel World
                            07. Sexual Healing
                            08. The Woman In You
                            09. Steal My Kisses
                            10. Diamonds on the Inside
                            11. With My Own Two Hands
                            12. So High So Low
                            13. Burn One Down

Comment

• Picklemic
                              • Mar 2013

Here is a gem that has been in the pickle jar(vault)!!!
                              *16/48* 01. t1 02. If I Could Stand Your Love 03. t3 04. t4 05. I Got The Blues Over You 06. Sea Cruise> 07. Doing It 08. Funky Soul Music 09. Yellow Moon 10....

Papa Grows Funk
                              Parish "HOB"
                              NOLA
                              April 25, 2004

source: AKG 522>V3>DAT 1648ms
                              Transfer: DAT>R44> Audacity 2.0.1> Xact 2.24 > FLAC
                              Transferred: Jason Picklemic Loomis picklemic2@gmail

01. t1
                              02. If I Could Stand Your Love
                              03. t3
                              04. t4
                              05. I Got The Blues Over You
                              06. Sea Cruise>
                              07. Doing It
                              08. Funky Soul Music
                              09. Yellow Moon
                              10. BS tune
                              11. Rat A Tang Tang
                              12. t12
                              13. Steve Winwood intro
                              14. Rockn' Phenomena>*
                              15. Who is He?*
                              16. Just Kissed My Baby*
                              17. Junker Man>Junco Partner
                              18. t18
                              E)
                              19. Soul Second Line
                              20. Big Win*

* Steve Winwood

John Gros - Keys
                              Brian Stoltz - Guitar
                              Jason Mingledorff - Sax
                              Peter V - Bass
                              Russell Baptiste - Drums

Comment

• Picklemic
                                • Mar 2013

OK, no talk on the Steve Winwood? Well I finally got my intronet working good and will be working on the pile of DATs as the weather is changing and the highBURRRnating begins soon
                                01. intro 02. Metric> 03. Early Bird Cafe 04. Soul Surviver? 05. River Run>Coalmine>RR 06. King Earl 07. Never Let Your Fire Go Out 08. Work It? 09. Black...

Raw Oyster Cult
                                La Fete de Marquette ~ Central Park
                                July 11, 2014
                                Madison, Wisconsin

Recorded by: Picklemic
                                AKG 522ms FOH>V3 +sbd > R44
                                Mixed & Mastered: Picklemic

01. intro
                                02. Metric>
                                03. Early Bird Cafe
                                04. Soul Surviver?
                                05. River Run>Coalmine>RR