Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what's the best way to get to the fairgrounds?

Post what's the best way to get to the fairgrounds?

We are staying at Quarterhouse on Chartres and know we don't want to walk (particularly back to hotel after a whole day at JF). Is the Grayline Express bus which picks up right on Canal the best way to get there or is it a mob scene? How about just taking a cab--would that be real expensive and are they waiting up there later in the day to bring people back or do you have to call them? How about the street car to City Park? How far of a walk is it from where it lets off to the actual entrance of fairgrounds? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    We are staying at Quarterhouse on Chartres and know we don't want to walk (particularly back to hotel after a whole day at JF). Is the Grayline Express bus which picks up right on Canal the best way to get there or is it a mob scene? How about just taking a cab--would that be real expensive and are they waiting up there later in the day to bring people back or do you have to call them? How about the street car to City Park? How far of a walk is it from where it lets off to the actual entrance of fairgrounds? Thanks.
    http://jazzfest.swagland.com/transport.html

Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    How about the street car to City Park? How far of a walk is it from where it lets off to the actual entrance of fairgrounds? Thanks.
    The streetcar is the slowest way to the Fairgrounds, but it's a really lovely experience (it just seems so authentically, quintessentially "New Orleans") and drops you off about a 10 minute walk from the Fest entrance.

Everyone should ride the streetcar at least once in their lives....

Cabbies usually charge $5 per person.

what's the best way to get to the fairgrounds?Practice your instrument for 20 years and start a band.

So we are staying at the Avenue Plaza Resort on St Charles. Any suggestion on bets mode of transport from there?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjohn View Post
    Cabbies usually charge $5 per person.

i think you need...4 people in cab........best way...start off with 2 and pickup 2 more a long the way...make friends.....

It is left to me to say...

Practice, practice, practice!

?

For once I restrained myself from that one, BW. Glad to see someone couldn't himself though...

I walk there and back everyday from the Quarters and my krewe rents bikes to get back and forth. The walk really isn't bad on the way back and another chance to see the city.